Saturday, July 23, 2011

Food Walkabouts

I'm seriously considering changing my diet - to three huge meals a day.

Breakfasts of sliced meats, cheeses, and vegetables, sauteed mushrooms, yogurt and cereals, pastries, buttered breads and croissants, scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon and sausage, carrot/peach juice and orange/pineapple juice, and hot tea.






Lunches with various combinations of brotwurst, gyros, ghoulash, pizza, weinerschnitzel, soups and french fries.












Dinners of liver dumpling soup, broccoli cheese soup, spinach dumplings, potato balls, more schnitzels and french fries, Texas spaghetti (we didn't know there was such a thing either, but had a delicious plate full of it in Salzburg), and desserts - strudels, ice cream chocolate, and crepes with whipped creme. 







And BEER - lots of it. Every day. More beer than water. And not that light, low-calorie or low-carb stuff, REAL beer.






Seriously, after eating all this, three huge meals a day, for two weeks, we were sure we'd gained several, if not many pounds. What a delightful surprise to timidly step on the scale this morning to find neither of us had gained a pound. Perhaps the result of all those calorie burning walkabouts. Or the Baden Baden spa kur. YOLO!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness we walked so much. I think the great food was exactly balanced by the miles and miles of walking. My weight was also the same when I returned as it was when I left and I enjoyed lots of good food. I am glad it was such an active tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. Now I need to get just as active at home otherwise I WILL gain weight. Good luck for the next school year.

    ReplyDelete